How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for food poisoning in Enfield

    Food poisoning is no laughing matter, and up to 5.5 million people in the UK are affected by food-related illness every year – this number is probably far higher as there are thousands of cases of food poisoning in Enfield, and other parts of the country, which go unreported.

    You might be surprised to learn that food poisoning in Enfield is not uncommon – recently 46% of all food services in the borough received a ‘satisfactory’ rating or lower from the FSA. It’s a good idea to check food hygiene ratings before ordering a takeaway or dining out at a restaurant or pub, as if the establishment in question does not have good standards of food hygiene, you are at risk of being struck down by food poisoning.

    With symptoms including vomiting, diarrhoea and stomach cramps, you may feel ill for days or even weeks after contracting food poisoning, and you’ll probably need time off work to recover, which could lead to loss of earnings.

    The good news is that if you’ve been affected by food poisoning after dining at an unhygienic establishment, you could claim personal injury compensation for your pain and suffering, provided it has been less than three years since the incident.

    How much compensation could you get?

    If you’ve been struck down by food poisoning after a dodgy dopiaza or contaminated chicken, you could receive compensation for your pain and suffering. A personal injury lawyer will be able to tell you how much compensation you could receive – settlements vary depending on the extent of your injuries and suffering, and your lawyer will also take any financial losses into account.

    Open Claim Calculator

    For example, if you’ve been very ill and needed several months off work to recover, you could receive a substantial settlement to compensate you for loss of earnings and pain and suffering caused.

    Choose a reputable lawyer

    When choosing a personal injury lawyer, you want a firm with experience in the industry. So choose Accident Advice Helpline.

    Since 2000, we have been helping our customers claim the compensation they deserve after being struck down by food poisoning.

    We’ve been endorsed by our patron, TV personality Esther Rantzen, and we provide confidential, no-obligation advice to all our customers.

    So why not call us today on 0800 689 0500 to find out more about what we can do for you?

    Because our personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis, you don’t even need to worry about expensive upfront fees.

    Date Published: April 8, 2015

    Author: Rob Steen

    Category: Food poisoning claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.