Working on a farm – whatever your job – can be backbreaking, dangerous, stressful work. However, provided that steps are taken to minimise the risk of agricultural accidents, most accidents occurring on farms can be avoided. Dangerous farm conditions could lead to accidents resulting in serious injury. If you have been hurt, perhaps you’re wondering whether you’re eligible to claim personal injury compensation.
Our expert personal injury advisors can tell you if you have a viable claim whilst offering confidential, no-obligation advice. Whether you have suffered minor injuries such as cuts and bruises or have been left paralysed after a serious tractor accident, we’re here to help you get the compensation that you deserve.
What’s classed as dangerous?
Farmers must take steps to protect employees and visitors, otherwise dangerous farm conditions could easily lead to an accident. Here are just a few examples of the types of conditions which could cause an accident on a farm:
- Animals left loose to roam when they should be in a pen or cage – they could bite or kick employees;
- Outbreaks of foot and mouth disease or other contagious disease, which could spread quickly and affect humans;
- Buildings in a poor state of repair, which could collapse;
- Pesticides and other toxic chemicals stored in unmarked containers – they could cause chemical burns, dermatitis and other conditions; and
- Tractors and other vehicles with no rollover protection, which could cause crush injuries if they roll over whilst in use.
There are plenty of other dangerous scenarios which could lead to injury. If you have been injured whilst working on a farm, we recommend seeking advice as soon as possible after your accident. Since 2000, we have been helping people to claim compensation for accidents at work, so why not find out how we can help you too?
When you decide to make a claim for personal injury compensation, it’s normal to feel a bit guilty – but you shouldn’t. Your employer’s negligence caused your accident, and their liability insurance will pay out in the event of a claim by an employee. You deserve to be compensated for your injuries, and we’re here to make sure that happens. Our patron Esther Rantzen, who you may know from TV, recommends Accident Advice Helpline for our high standards of customer service, so you know that you can trust us to handle your claim. Call for free today on 0800 689 0500 and we’ll get things started.
Date Published: May 12, 2015
Author: David Brown
Category: Farming accident claims