How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for a dangerous fall in the street

    Slips, trips and falls can happen anywhere; at work, in the home or even in the street. Although it is part of everyday life, there may be instances where it could have been prevented. This may be because the pavement has suffered severe damage over the years and your local authority has failed to keep up with regular repairs. You may suffer a minor injury such as a sprain or fracture in the foot from a trip or stumble into a hole in the pavement. However, it is also possible to suffer a more serious injury like a head injury or broken bone from falling on the hard pavement.

    Vulnerable adults are more prone to more serious injuries in the event of a fall in the street, as are small children. If you come across an area of pavement that you think is dangerous, you could report it to your local authority as they may be unaware of the hazard. However, if they are aware of the hazard, they may be unable to make repairs due to budget constraints. Should you suffer from a dangerous fall in the street, you may be able to claim compensation for your injuries.

    Falls in the street

    A fall in the street could be caused by a loose paving stone or it could be because of holes in the pavement. Some areas of street are damaged because of large vehicles mounting the pavements or because of weather damage. If you have suffered from a dangerous fall in the street and have suffered serious injuries, you can claim for compensation if the accident is a result of negligence or a failure to maintain the pavement.

    How to make a personal injury claim

    If you are unsure of how to begin making your claim, Accident Advice Helpline will be able to help you. We are a specialist law firm which has been helping victims of personal injury for 14 years. A team of solicitors are on hand to give you no-obligation advice when you get in touch. Just contact us using our online form or give us a call on our free 24-hour helpline – 0800 689 0500 – to discuss your case. If you decide to pursue your case, we offer a no win, no fee* service ensuring that you won’t get into financial difficulty if you make your claim with our team.

    Date Published: January 22, 2015

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.