How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for a collision caused by unsafe roadworks

    Roadworks are often a necessary inconvenience and may put you out of your way for a little while. However, you may pass some roadworks regularly on your travels without incident or you may have to work around them to get to your destination. The contractors often work with local authorities to ensure that people are not adversely affected but they can often be a slight inconvenience due to the high traffic levels. On occasion, there may even be a collision caused by unsafe roadworks which may occur for a number of reasons. The driver himself may be driving too fast therefore he/she has missed the warning signs for roadworks or the driver may not be paying attention to the road resulting in a crash.

    On some occasions, the driver may be travelling at a perfectly safe speed but may still be involved in an accident with roadworks. This could be because the warning signs were not placed to give drivers enough warning or it could be because there were no significantly placed signs. It may also be because the roadworks were in a poor position or they were not blocked off properly. If this has happened to you while you were driving and you have suffered an injury in the collision, you could be entitled to compensation from those at fault.

    When to claim

    If you were driving too fast when you were involved in an accident with roadworks, then you are unlikely to be eligible for compensation. However, if you were involved in a collision caused by unsafe roadworks then you may be entitled to some compensation for any injuries sustained in the accident. If the roadworks were not signed properly or were left exposed on the road, you could make contact with Accident Advice Helpline to discuss what steps you can take after your accident.

    What we can do

    At Accident Advice Helpline we have helped thousands of victims of road accident to successfully claim compensation for their injuries where someone else was at fault. If these roadworks were in an unsafe place or you were taken by surprise by them when on the road, you could suffer serious injuries from a crash. It is your right to pursue compensation where there is evidence of negligence which we can assist you with. Call us on our free 24-hour helpline on 0800 689 0500 to discuss making your compensation claim today.

    Category: Road Traffic Accident Claims

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.