How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for chemistry lab burns

    Chemistry may not appeal to everyone, but most of us have had some experience of taking chemistry lessons at some point during our school years. If you have, you’ll have memories of sitting in lessons learning about how chemicals react with each other to cause different consequences. All kinds of reactions can be created with such chemicals – even explosions in some circumstances.

    Of course there is never any intention for any student to be put at risk of chemistry lab burns or any other injuries as a consequence of taking chemistry lessons. This is why it is essential that all those involved in teaching these subjects are to adhere to health and safety rules. As a result of this very few people are ever involved in an accident in a chemistry lab, however major or minor that accident may be. In this situation, burns can be incurred through a fire generated by a Bunsen burner, or by someone knocking over a hot substance or liquid onto someone else. These are just two examples of things that could potentially happen. However it is unlikely either event would occur in reality.

    What should happen if you suffer from a burn?

    Getting proper treatment as soon as possible is the best course of action. Minor burns may simply be treated with the help of a first aider. However more serious burns should always be treated and assessed by professional medics, and on occasion a visit to hospital might be in order in this respect. However it is rare that anyone would be in a situation where this would occur, since all chemistry teachers and associated workers take excellent care of their lab and students.

    Call us now if you’ve suffered from burns

    It’s hard to imagine what this situation could be like. However if you want to make a no win, no fee** claim for burns suffered in a similar situation, Accident Advice Helpline may be able to help. Call us on 0800 689 0500 or opt for the free 30-second online test to get you started. If you find you are able to make such a claim our professional lawyers can assist you throughout the process. It could be easier than you think to get compensation if evidence of negligence is present. Make sure you know for sure where you stand – call us free now to learn how your situation might warrant compensation.

    Date Published: April 19, 2015

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: Rob Steen

    Category: Burn injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.