Slips, trips and falls are the most common type of public liability claim. If you’ve slipped, tripped or fallen in a public place, it wasn’t your fault and it happened in the last three years, Accident Advice Helpline could help you to get the compensation and compensation advice you deserve.
Why are slips, trips and falls so common?
Slips, trips, and falls are common in public places because there are many potential hazards, from a puddle of spilled milk in a supermarket aisle or a wet floor in a library, to a loose paving stone on the pavement or a pot hole in the road, there are dangers everywhere.
The weather can also play a part and the number of falls during the winter, especially when it snows or there is ice on the ground, increases significantly.
How to reduce the risk of falls in a public place:Open Claim Calculator
Local councils and businesses are required to ensure that their premises are safe and there are strict polices in place and health and safety guidelines to reduce the risk of accidents at work and falls in public places. The most effective ways to reduce the risk of falls in a public place include:
- clearing up spillages as quickly as possible and placing warning signs to inform people of slippery floors
- ensuring that carpets are well-maintained and dealing with frayed edges
- placing warning signs on slippery surfaces and floors that have been cleaned recently
- ensuring corridors and stairways are clear of obstructions
- shovelling ice and snow off public pathways
- placing warning signs before steps and changes in the flooring level
- carrying out regular risk assessment
What to do if you’ve fallen in a public place
If you’ve tripped or slipped in a public place and you sustained injuries through no fault of your own, you could make a public liability claim. If the following criteria apply to you, you may wish to consider pursuing slip, trip or fall compensation:
- you tripped or fell in a public place
- the accident happened in the last 3 years
- the incident was not your fault
- you saw a doctor at the time and had medical treatment
Accident Advice helpline has helped hundreds of people to claim compensation after falling in a public place.
Their dedicated team has experience of dealing with a wide range of claims, from work accident compensation to road traffic accident compensation and the claims process is hassle-free as well as their compensation advice.
Most clients do not even need to attend court.