An office may not be the most hazardous working environment, but there are plenty of hazards waiting to trip you up (quite literally) and if you’ve been injured in an accident in an office, you might be wondering who is at fault. It’s the responsibility of your employer to ensure the office you work in is a safe place and to take steps to prevent accidents from happening.
If you feel they have been negligent, you can make a claim for personal injury compensation with Accident Advice Helpline and we’ll help you get the compensation you deserve, however you have been injured. We’ve got 15 years’ industry experience and we’re here to offer confidential, no-obligation advice.
What hazards are in your office?
There are plenty of hazards waiting in your office – here are some of the most common types of accident which could occur:
- Slip, trip or fall – tripping over boxes, files or trailing cables, slipping on a wet floor or tripping and falling on loose or damaged flooring
- Fall from height, for example when climbing a step ladder to reach files
- Injured by a photocopier, printer or other electrical equipment – could include electrocution or trapping your fingers in moving parts
- Manual handling injuries from lifting heavy or awkward items
- Repetitive strain injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Back injuries from inadequate seating and workstation set-up
- Burns/scalds from spilt hot drinks or food
Being injured in an accident in an office might mean taking a few days, weeks or even months off work to recover and this could mean suffering from loss of earnings. When your wages take a hit, your finances can suffer as a result, so it could be hard to cover your household bills or support your family.
Making a claim for personal injury compensation could help you manage your finances whilst you focus on recovering and because our lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee basis, our services are affordable to everyone.
Is your employer liable?
If your employer has failed to ensure your office is a safe place to work, or they could have done more to prevent your accident from occurring, you could claim personal injury compensation with Accident Advice Helpline.
Call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 and you’ll find out whether you have a viable claim, or take the 30-second test on our website today to see how much compensation you could be entitled to for your office accident.
Whether you’ve suffered broken bones or more serious injuries, we’re here to help you claim the compensation you deserve.
Date Published: August 9, 2015
Author: Rob Steen