How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation for undiagnosed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

    Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a condition of the hand which causes tingling, numbness and pain and is caused by pressure on the nerve which controls feeling and movement in the hands and fingers. It is most common in those who have family members with the condition, in pregnant women and in those who have sustained an injury to the hand and fingers. Repetitive work with the hands and underlying health conditions such as diabetes can also increase the risk of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. The condition may disappear over time but some do suffer from this long-term which means that treatment may be required. Those who visit a GP complaining of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome should be thoroughly diagnosed to rule out any other conditions such as broken bones or tendon damage. However, in rare cases, Carpal Tunnel may go undiagnosed and patients may suffer from symptoms over a longer period of time. Diagnosis usually consists of a physical examination followed by a blood test, test for nerve conduction and tests to determine how muscles are responding to the nerves. An x-ray may also be recommended. Treatment may be given to ease the symptoms and surgery can be recommended by your GP if you are a long-term sufferer.

    How can treatment be delayed?

    The diagnosis of Carpal Tunnel takes thorough examination and it is often uncertain whether the condition will be permanent or not. Treatment may be delayed if your GP fails to diagnose the condition completely, which may mean that you can apply for medical negligence compensation. Compensation is usually won for those who suffer the symptoms or progression of the condition due to lack of treatment. If you have received a second opinion and your original GP did not diagnose Carpal Tunnel, then you may be able to make a claim.

    How to make a medical negligence claim

    Accident Advice Helpline helps victims of injury to claim compensation when someone else was at fault for causing the injury and/or suffering. You may experience long-term pain from undiagnosed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in which case you may be entitled to compensation where there is evidence of negligence on the part of your GP. Just give our 24-hour helpline a call to receive no-obligation advice from a solicitor regarding your case. Our no win, no fee* policy means that you will not suffer financially by making your claim with us.

    Date Published: July 22, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.