How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation for a road accident with a foreign driver

    Accidents on the road can occur at any time, but are more likely to occur when someone is being careless or is not following road safety rules. This may mean that the driver is speeding or it could mean that they failed to concentrate on the road. Simply not looking when pulling out or concentrating on distractions such as mobile phones can cause an accident on the road.

    This could be a collision or a crash with another vehicle. There may also be a pedestrian or cyclist nearby who could suffer injuries due to careless driving. There are still many British drivers who are unaware of their legal obligations when driving but foreign drivers may find it more difficult to grasp the rules of Britain’s roads.

    Non-UK nationals may make simple mistakes on the road that could be easily rectified with the appropriate road safety advice. However, some drivers may be aware of the laws of the road but may break them regardless. Drivers may travel at extreme speeds or they may drive while under the influence.

    This could easily lead to a crash and puts other road users at risk of serious injury or even fatality. If you have been involved in a road accident with a foreign driver, it is your legal right to claim compensation where the accident was the fault of the other road user.

    Making a claim for a road traffic accident

    If your have been involved in a road accident with a foreign driver, you can still claim compensation as drivers from abroad are still governed by the same obligations as British drivers.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If your accident was a collision and the other driver was travelling over the speed limit, it is likely that you could make a claim if you have sustained an injury in the accident. In addition, if you have suffered damage to your vehicle, you can also make a claim. If you need advice and representation, you can give Accident Advice Helpline a call.

    How to contact us

    You can call Accident Advice Helpline 24 hours a day and is free to ring if you require no-obligation advice about your case.

    If you have been involved in an accident on the road and someone else was at fault, you can contact us this way to discuss a potential compensation claim.

    Alternatively, you can contact our team via our 30-second test, entering a few details about your case and we will get back to you.

    Date Published: November 13, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.