How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation for a riot police injury

    Riot police are there to protect the public from riots when things get out of hand, and whilst they try to carry out their job without injury to the public, there are times when innocent bystanders can become caught up in trouble or even be injured by the police by mistake. If you have been unlucky enough to be a victim, you may be considering claiming compensation for a riot police injury, and the good news is that there is a three-year time limit in place, plenty of time in which to make a claim.

    If you have been injured by the police during a riot, or if someone you love has been hurt, your first feelings may be those of anger and disappointment. Whilst you can complain to the police force in question, it may also be helpful to make a claim for compensation for a riot police injury, which can help you to gain closure. If your injuries are particularly serious or life-changing, compensation can help to pay for rehabilitation and treatment in the future.

    What sort of injuries have you sustained?

    Injuries caused by riot police could range from minor to extremely serious – here are a few examples of the types of injuries that could be sustained:

    • Head injuries caused by being struck by a baton, rubber bullet or other object
    • Respiratory problems caused by tear gas
    • Eye injuries caused by debris or objects being thrown
    • Broken bones or crush injuries caused by being struck by an officer or object

    No matter what sort of injuries you have suffered, it is possible to claim compensation if you have been injured through no fault of your own; for example if you were in the wrong place at the wrong time and have suffered as a result.

    How to make a claim

    Accident Advice Helpline has been helping customers claim compensation since 2000, and we’re no stranger to making claims against the police. If you have been injured by the police, contact us today and we’ll usually be able to tell you within 30 seconds whether you have a viable claim. You could even take the 30-second test on our website right now to see how much you could claim. Whether you have suffered minor cuts and bruises or have been left with life-changing injuries that mean you are unable to work, we can help. Call our freephone helpline today – we’re open 24/7.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: November 11, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.