How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation for poor medical care

    When you visit your GP or hospital, you expect a certain, professional standard of service. After all, these are trained medical professionals working at a doctor’s surgery or hospital, so you put your trust in them. There is no excuse for poor medical care, and if the standard of care you received has fallen below professional standards expected, you could consider claiming compensation for poor medical care.

    Medical negligence can cover a range of different situations, and everyone’s experience of medical negligence will be different. You may have been the victim of a surgical error, or been prescribed the wrong medication which has negatively impacted your health. However you have been affected by clinical negligence, there’s no need to feel daunted by the prospect of claiming compensation for poor medical care. If you received sub-standard treatment at a hospital, your claim will normally be to the NHS Trust which manages the hospital. In the case of a complaint against your GP surgery, this can be made to the surgery itself or the individual doctor.

    Will medical negligence claims involve attending court?

    Depending on the complexity of your claim, there is a possibility that you will have to attend court. Whilst most personal injury claims can be processed in full over the phone, some medical negligence claims can be more complex, and it depends whether the other side admits they are liable for your pain and suffering. If they contest your claim, you may need to attend court, but your personal injury lawyer will be there to help at all times. There’s usually a three year time limit in which to make a claim for personal injury compensation, so it’s a good idea to contact a lawyer as soon as possible after medical negligence has occurred.

    How to claim medical negligence compensation

    If you’re considering making a claim, you need to talk to Accident Advice Helpline. With 14 years’ experience in the business, we’re here to offer confidential, no-obligation advice to all our customers. So you can find out more about the claims process and what’s involved, before you decide if it’s the right next step for you to take. Claiming medical negligence compensation doesn’t have to cost the earth; we offer a 100% no win, no fee* service, taking another load off your mind. Because we’re backed by our patron, UK consumer champion Esther Rantzen, you know you can trust us to provide you with the very best customer service. Call our freephone helpline today – we are open 24/7.

    Date Published: October 30, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.