How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation for a crash with a speeding driver

    Speeding is one of the main causes of road accidents all over the world and can cause serious injuries or even fatalities. Pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists are among the most vulnerable road users which means that drivers of cars and other, larger vehicles have a responsibility to respect other road users who may be at risk. A cyclist or pedestrian has a higher risk of being seriously injured or killed if involved in an accident with a driver therefore it is important for vehicle drivers to be extra vigilant where they may come into contact with such a road user. Driver may like to think of the speed limit as a target to hit when, in actual fact, drivers should be aiming to stay below this limit. Speed should also be lowered when conditions require it, such as when driving at night, when driving in country roads or when driving in poorly lit areas.

    Drivers should also think about lowering their speed when travelling in poor weather conditions. A vehicle will be more likely to veer off-course if travelling on slippery, wet roads or in snowy, icy conditions. This could cause a collision with a pedestrian or with another vehicle causing injury to yourself and potentially someone else. If you have been extra vigilant while driving but have been involved in a crash with a speeding driver, you may wish to get some representation to make a compensation claim.

    When you can make a claim

    If you have been driving carefully, have kept under the speed limit but have been involved in a crash with a speeding driver anyway, you may be seriously injured. Even if you have sustained minor injuries, you are likely to be entitled to compensation as the accident was the fault of another person. You can claim for compensation if you were a pedestrian, a passenger in another vehicle, the driver of a vehicle or a cyclist. If you need representation, you can contact Accident Advice Helpline to discuss your claim.

    Gaining representation

    Accident Advice Helpline can discuss your case at no obligation to you and we can choose the best person to represent you from our team of solicitors from all over the UK. If you have been involved in a road traffic accident and suffered an injury or a family member suffered, you may be able to win a cash payout which can help you with any financial repercussions. You do not have to worry about your current finances as we will offer you a no win, no fee** policy for our services.

    Date Published: November 11, 2014

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Personal injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.