How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation for care home failings

    Making the decision to put your family member into a residential care home can be tough, and chances are you visited many homes to see what standard of care and accommodation they offered before making such a momentous decision.

    Care homes must meet certain standards laid out for them by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who carry out regular inspections, both announced and unannounced, to check that care homes are meeting the standards required of them.

    If the care home fails to meet standards, they are usually given the opportunity to improve and given a time-scale for implementing improvements. Failure to make significant improvements and meet the required standards could lead to the closure of a care home.

    If your family member has been the victim of poor care at a residential care home, you might be considering claiming compensation for care home failings. Depending on the complexity of your claim, and whether or not the care home admits liability, you may need to attend court, although most claims are settled out of court.

    In any case, there is usually a three-year time limit in place when it comes to claiming compensation for care home failings, so make sure you don’t leave things too late and miss the deadline.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How to make a claim

    In order to make a claim for compensation, you’ll need to work with a professional personal injury lawyer, but make sure you take the time to choose a reputable firm, ideally one with a great deal of experience in the field.

    Your lawyer will be able to tell you whether you have a viable claim and will work to get you the compensation you deserve – the amount of the settlement can vary depending on individual circumstances surrounding the claim.

    Contact Accident Advice Helpline for more information

    If you have any questions about the compensation process, get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. We’re not just here to handle claims – we also offer confidential advice, and there’s no obligation to proceed with a claim.

    Since 2000, we have helped hundreds of customers claim compensation for care home failings, and we could help you too. TV personality Esther Rantzen recommends us for our high standards of customer service.

    Pick up the phone and get in touch today to find out more about making a claim for compensation – we’re open 24/7.

    Date Published: November 16, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Medical negligence claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.