How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim negligent staff compensation

    Whether you are the colleague of a negligent member of staff or have been a customer in a shop who was served by a negligent staff member, it’s easy to laugh off staff negligence as simple carelessness – but it could lead to accidents which could leave members of the public and other members of staff seriously injured.

    If you’ve been injured by a staff member in a store, you could claim negligent staff compensation for your pain, suffering and loss of earnings. Trust Accident Advice Helpline to help you – we have been helping people claim compensation since 2000 and our personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee** basis, making our services affordable to everyone.

    How did your accident happen?

    Here are a few examples of situations where you could claim negligent staff compensation, either as a colleague of the staff member concerned or as a member of the public:

    • Scalded in a café or restaurant when a waitress spills a hot drink on you
    • Tripping over boxes left lying around by another staff member in an office or retail environment
    • Run over by a forklift truck driven by an inexperienced colleague
    • Food poisoning from food prepared by kitchen staff who have failed to pay attention to food hygiene
    • Slipping on a wet floor that has recently been cleaned (with no warning signs)

    These are just a few examples relating to claims we have handled in the past concerning negligent members of staff. If you’ve been injured and believe a colleague at your workplace is to blame, you could claim personal injury compensation – likewise if you have suffered injuries after eating in a restaurant or visiting a shop or other public place, the owner of the establishment could be held liable for your injuries.

    Better move fast

    There’s a three-year time limit in place to make a claim for personal injury compensation, whether you have suffered broken bones after a slip or trip or been struck down by food poisoning. So it’s a good idea to get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline as soon as possible after your accident, to find out if you could make a claim. Our expert personal injury advisors will listen to you and offer confidential, no-obligation advice, and because we have years of industry experience specialising in personal injury law, you know you can trust us. Get in touch today on 0800 689 0500.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: September 25, 2015

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Accident at work claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.