Getting your hair done at the salon makes you feel beautiful and confident, and you put your trust in the stylist to ensure you leave with perfect hair that complements your features. But with so many chemicals and electrical appliances on the premises, there is the potential for things to go wrong at a hair salon that could leave you injured. If you’ve suffered injuries after an appointment with your hairdresser, why not find out if you could make a hair salon injury compensation claim with Accident Advice Helpline? There are no upfront fees to worry about as our personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis – so even if you’ve splashed your cash on hair extensions, you could still afford to make a claim.
What’s the worst that could happen?
You might be wondering how you could be injured at a hair salon – well, here are a few examples:
- Chemical burns from peroxide, hair colourant, perming solution or other chemicals mixed incorrectly or left on your hair for too long
- Hair loss from leaving peroxide or other chemicals on the scalp too long
- Burns to your face or head from faulty electrical appliances such as a drying hood catching fire or straighteners exploding
- Lacerations from hairdressing scissors or trimmers
- Slip, trip or fall in the salon – perhaps the floor is wet or covered with hair that hasn’t been cleaned up, or maybe you’ve tripped on damaged flooring or a box of hair products that has been left lying around
- Scalded by somebody spilling hot tea or coffee on you
- Scalds from using water that is too hot to wash hair
The last thing you expect when you book a hair appointment is to leave the salon injured, and it is the responsibility of salon owners to ensure that the staff they hire are all qualified, trained stylists who are experienced enough to cut, style and colour hair. If something goes wrong and you feel the salon is to blame, you could find yourself in line for a personal injury settlement.
How much compensation could you receive?
Without knowing the full circumstances of your accident, it’s impossible for us to say how much compensation you could be entitled to. Our team of lawyers has 15 years industry experience specialising in personal injury claims, and we draw on this experience to work out your personal injury settlement. If you have sustained life-changing injuries, such as permanent scarring from burns or hair loss which has affected your confidence, we’ll ensure you’re compensated adequately. Give Accident Advice Helpline a call today on 0800 689 0500 to find out more.
Date Published: November 30, 2015
Author: Paula Beaton
Category: Accident at work claim