If you were injured in a gym accident and are wondering, “how do I claim for a gym accident?” call Accident Advice Helpline. Our friendly advisers will give you free advice on making a gym accident claim and will be able to give you an honest assessment of the strength of your case.
Gym accident claims
Many of us go to the gym to get in shape and shed that bit of excess weight we are carrying. In fact, it is estimated that as many as 4.5 million adults in the United Kingdom have a gym membership. It is the responsibility of the gym to ensure that all the applicable health and safety rules are followed and that your risk of injury when using the gym is minimised.
Gym accidents and injuries are frequently caused by:
- Defective or faulty gym equipment.
- Lack of maintenance or repair on gym equipment.
- Improper or inadequate instruction by a trainer.
- Gym equipment being placed too close together.
- A gym user not using the equipment properly and causing injury to someone else.
- Wet floors with no warning signs leading to slips and falls.
- Inadequate cleaning of equipment and facilities that could lead to infections.
Accident Advice Helpline is experienced in dealing with cases such as those mentioned above. If you have been injured as a result of your gym’s negligence, you could make a compensation claim.
What does a gym accident claim cover?
Claiming for compensation sometimes has a negative connotation attached to it. If you have been injured, you should not let this put you off. Although money cannot undo pain and suffering, it can help ease the burden and can help you to recover the costs that are often associated with suffering an injury.
A gym accident claim could help compensate you for:
- Costs incurred as a result of the injury, such as medical expenses and travel expenses to and from the hospital.
- Loss of earnings if you were unable to work because of your injury.
- The cost of private medical treatment to help speed up your recovery.
- Alterations to your home or vehicle if your injury resulted in a disability.
How can Accident Advice Helpline assist?
Accident Advice Helpline will offer free legal advice about your gym accident claim. When you call our helpline, one of our advisers will ask you a few questions to gain a better understanding of the circumstances surrounding your accident and the nature of your injury. This will allow us to give you an accurate assessment of your case and the best advice on how to make a compensation claim. We will then select the best lawyer to handle your claim. All of our solicitors work on a 100% no-win, no-fee basis, so starting this process will not cost you anything either.
If you want an indication of what your gym accident claim might be worth, try our 30-second test at the top of the page, or call us on 0800 180 4123.
Date Published: December 29, 2013
Author: David Brown