How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim faulty electricals compensation

    When you buy electrical goods, you expect them to work perfectly, whether you’ve purchased a pair of hair straighteners or a new blender for the kitchen. The last thing anyone expects is that you or a member of your family could be injured by faulty goods. But if this has happened to you, you could find yourself eligible to claim faulty electricals compensation on a 100% no win, no fee** basis with Accident Advice Helpline.

    What’s gone wrong?

    It could be that you’ve suffered an electric shock from a faulty blender, or even that new flat-screen TV you’ve just bought. There have been cases where people have sustained serious burns from faulty electrical devices such as hair straighteners (which have stayed hot when turned off), or exploding devices such as a faulty hair dryer. In some cases, children have been seriously injured by faulty electrical devices including games consoles and toys. Misleading instructions could also lead to an accident – for example if your instruction manual says it is safe to use cling film in your new microwave, this could cause it to catch fire and you could suffer burns as a result.

    A faulty blender jug could crack whilst you are blending hot soup, causing lacerations and burns, or sharp edges on your new hoover could cut you whilst you’re cleaning your home. And it doesn’t just have to be in the home that these types of accidents can occur; you could claim faulty electricals compensation for accidents involving faulty goods at work too. A faulty photocopier or printer could cause hand injuries, if you’re reaching in to fix the problem and your fingers become trapped. Or you could suffer an electric shock from a faulty PC.

    What happens next?

    If you’ve suffered an injury such as burns, lacerations or an electric shock, however minor, then you could make a claim for personal injury compensation. The product manufacturer will normally be held liable for your injuries, although it could be the fault of your employer, if you have been injured at work. Give Accident Advice Helpline a call on 0800 689 0500 and we’ll be able to tell you whether you’re eligible to make a claim, plus you can get confidential, no-obligation advice from our experienced advisors. Our team has years of experience specialising in personal injury claims and during that time we have helped a number of people claim compensation for faulty electrical goods, so you can trust us with your claim.

    Category: Faulty product claims

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.