How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim farmhand injury compensation

    Did you know that more fatalities occur in the agricultural industry than in any other industry? If you’re working as a farmhand, you’re probably aware of some of the dangers already – working with heavy farm machinery and vehicles, harmful chemicals and a range of tools and equipment which have the potential to cause injury; not to mention the animals themselves! Farmhand injury compensation is available to anyone who has been injured due to somebody else’s negligence. So if your employer is to blame for your accident – or even if a colleague is at fault – you could make a claim for farmhand injury compensation and receive compensation for your loss of earnings, as well as your pain and suffering.

    A dangerous environment

    There’s no denying that working on a farm can be a hazardous occupation, but provided your employer takes steps to protect you at work, most accidents can be avoided. In case you’re wondering what types of accidents are most common for farmhands, we’ve got a few examples – Accident Advice Helpline has handled claims for all of these accidents over the years.

    • Slurry pit accidents, which can be fatal
    • Crush injuries sustained after a tractor rollover
    • Other injuries from a tractor accident, such as being hit by a tractor
    • Combine harvester accidents
    • Bitten or kicked by an animal
    • Lacerations and cuts from faulty farming tools and equipment
    • Chemical burns and respiratory illness from inhaling harmful chemicals and pesticides
    • Industrial hearing loss from operating loud equipment without ear protection

    You could be injured at any time, in any way whilst working on a farm, and whilst you’re responsible for your own safety, it is ultimately up to your employer to ensure your working environment is more safe. This means they should ensure all employees receive adequate training to carry out their job safely, and that staff hold appropriate licences for operating heavy vehicles. Personal protective equipment such as eye and ear protection or gloves should also be provided if staff are working in a hazardous environment.

    Will you lose your job?

    You won’t be fired for making a personal injury claim – in fact, your employer will have liability insurance in place in the event of a claim, and you could receive compensation for your pain, suffering and any lost wages. If you’ve been hospitalised after a chemical burns accident or have required time off work after suffering crush injuries caused by a tractor accident, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 and find out today if you could make a personal injury claim.

    Date Published: September 28, 2015

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Farming accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.