How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim for dental malpractice

    Dental malpractice covers many aspects of negligence and it can be the result of misdiagnosis, treatment which makes your condition worse, or unnecessary dental treatment. Your dentist, along with other medical professionals, has a duty of care to diagnose and treat your condition truthfully and accordingly. However, there are cases of negligence where you may be entitled to seek monetary compensation for any pain and suffering you may have encountered due to malpractice.

    What is dental malpractice?

    Your dentist may have failed to diagnose the problem, they may have wrongly diagnosed you or they may have treated you incorrectly or made a mistake during treatment which made your condition worse or did not improve it. This means that they are negligent as they have a duty of care to diagnose and treat your dental malady to the best of their professional ability. Dentists, hygienists and other dental professionals can be held accountable for dental malpractice if they make a mistake which could cost you the health of your teeth. If you suffer from pain or discomfort after treatment and you would like a second opinion it is worth getting one as your dentist may have misdiagnosed you.

    How to claim

    It must be evident that the dental malpractice occurred as a result of a mistake made which should not have been made in the hands of a competent dental practitioner. We will help you gather evidence which will help your case. The more evidence there is of negligence, the easier it is for us to obtain a settlement from the practitioner. Just try out our 30-second compensation calculator when you visit our website to get an estimate of how much compensation you may receive if you want to make a complaint. You can give us a call on our Freephone line to discuss your case with a trained advisor free of charge. We do not charge you for giving out advice and you may then decide for yourself whether you want to pursue action against your dental practitioner.

    Accident Advice Helpline is free to ring and we will offer professional advice if you have been the victim of dental malpractice. Our fully trained personal injury compensation lawyers will then be able to pursue personal injury compensation from your dental practitioner if they have been negligent. We only take a fee if we win your case and you receive compensation. Call free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no-obligation advice about making a claim.

    Date Published: September 24, 2013

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.