How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can I claim for industrial deafness?

    Are you wondering, “Can I claim for industrial deafness?” This is an acute loss of hearing caused by exposure to loud noise within the workplace and affects thousands of people. It can range from temporary to permanent hearing loss and includes many other ailments, such as acoustic trauma and tinnitus.

    If you have developed any of these conditions Accident Advice Helpline can help you claim compensation from your employer, all it takes is a few simply questions over the phone or online and we will be able to instigate the claims procedure.

    It is important to act now if you are experiencing dull or muffled hearing for a few hours after work, as this could be a sign of industrial deafness caused by exposure to loud noise levels at work. These symptoms are likely to be temporary, but over time they can develop into permanent hearing loss.

    Your employer is obliged to protect you from loud working environments that can cause industrial deafness and if you feel they have failed to do so we have experts at Accident Advice Helpline who can help you with claim compensation.

    What should I do?

    The most important step is to go and see a doctor. They will be able to diagnose your condition and provide the right medical treatment to help you recover. This step is also important as written medical evidence, confirming that you have the condition, will aid your claim. Do not worry about the cost of any treatment or medication as this can be included in your industrial deafness compensation claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    The next step is to establish the cause of your injury. Whether it was a sudden loud noise or a consistently noisy workplace your employer should have taken precautionary measures to ensure your safety.

    If they have failed to do so you and any co-workers affected are entitled to compensation, which Accident Advice Helpline can help you with by asking just a few simple questions.

    What do I need to make a claim?

    Most claims for industrial deafness never have to attend court, making the process quick and easy. All that is necessary is for you to be able to prove a few basic facts and one of our experienced solicitors will begin to process your claim.

    You will need a medical professional to establish the extent and details of your hearing impairment. You will also need to let your doctor know what might have caused the condition. All this information will be included in a written medical report, which will help to support your claim.

    You will also need evidence that your condition was caused by your working environment; this can take the form of documentary evidence from your employer or witness statements from co-workers. It will also need to show there was sufficient forewarning of dangerous noise levels for your employer to have acted to prevent the injury and that they failed to do so.

    Remember, all it takes to instigate your claim is a hassle free phone call to Accident Advice Helpline, asking us the question: “Can I claim for industrial deafness?” If you meet all the criteria one of our friendly advisors will help you file a claim for the compensation you deserve.

    Date Published: October 16, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Industrial injury claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.