How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can I claim for an electric burn accident?

    “Can I claim for an electric burn accident?” is the very first question that most people ask after they suffer an electric burn. Typically, serious electric burns take place at work. For instance, some workers are electrocuted and suffer major electric burn injuries when drilling through cables under floors or when handling faulty electrical equipment. If you have been injured as a result of any of these situations, you may be entitled to compensation. But, if you have been electrocuted because you ignored instructions or because you did not wear safety equipment, your right to compensation is questionable. This is because your employer may hold you partially or totally responsible for the accident in which you got injured.

    Filing your claim

    Simply put, you can file a claim for compensation only if you are able to demonstrate that another party, such as your employer, is to blame for your injury. To do this, you need several witnesses. To sustain your claim, you have to present specific evidence, including an accident report, your medical record, travel and medical receipts, and even blueprints of the building or area in which the accident occurred.

    If you have been off work for at least three days due to your electric burn, your employer has the obligation to notify the Health and Safe Executive (HSE). This body typically carries out complex investigations that have a positive impact on compensation claims. However, none can guarantee that your claim will be successful, even if you obtain a comprehensive report from the HSE. If your injury is not work related, you can file your claim against the party (property owner or local authorities) that should have ensured safety in the area where the accident took place.

    As soon as you get professional medical assistance and obtain a copy of your medical report, stating your injuries and complications associated, you should contact us at Accident Advice Helpline. Our personal injury lawyers will be able to advise you whether or not it is worth pursuing a claim for your electric burn injury.

    What you can claim

    We hope that the aforementioned details have given you a complete answer to the question, “Can I claim for an electric burn accident?” Now, you probably want to know what exactly you can claim. Besides the compensation award corresponding to your type of injury, our experienced personal injury solicitors can help you obtain compensation for loss of income for time off from work; treatment costs, including physiotherapy and psychotherapy, if needed; out-of-the-pocket expenses relating to your injury; gratuitous care; and “loss of amenity” if your injury prevents you from participating in social activities and hobbies that used to be part of your life before the accident.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline’s solicitors are experts at dealing with electric burn injury claims. This means that they can help you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Additionally, these professionals are willing to handle your claim on a no win, no fee* basis, which means that you do not have to pay a penny if you lose.

    To discuss your claim with a member of our expert team dial 0800 689 0500 now.

    Date Published: January 1, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Burn injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.