How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Who should you see for muscle damage?

    According to the Health and Safety Executive, more than 27 million working days are lost in the UK each year as a result of injuries caused by accidents at work, including injuries such as muscle damage.

    If you’’ve been injured at work, it is essential to seek medical advice. Leaving injuries could result in serious complications.

    If you suffer muscle damage who should you see?

    If you have a serious work accident, it is likely that you will require urgent medical attention and your injuries will be assessed in Accident and Emergency.

    Once you are stable and severe injuries have been checked out, your doctors will decide upon an appropriate course of action. In some cases, you may need to stay in hospital and you will be transferred to a ward which caters for your injuries.

    If you have a minor accident and you don’’t have serious injuries, you may be advised to see your GP. Your GP may be able to treat you there and then; alternatively, they may refer you for specialist treatment.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you have suffered muscle damage, for example, you may need to see an orthopaedic specialist or a rheumatologist. You will usually have tests to determine the cause of muscle damage. The results of these tests will help doctors to find suitable treatments to address the cause and reduce the severity of symptoms associated with your muscle damage injury.

    Once you’’ve been discharged from hospital or you’’ve started your recovery at home, you may also be advised to have physiotherapy to build up strength in your muscles and reduce the risk of further injury.

    What causes work accidents?

    Sometimes, work accidents are inevitable, but often, they can be prevented. The most common types of work accidents and work-related injuries include:

    • Slips, trips and falls
    • Falls from height
    • Accidents caused by machinery
    • Accidents involving moving vehicles
    • Injuries caused by poor posture, such as back pain
    • Injuries caused by exposure to harmful chemicals and substances
    • Accidents involving falling objects
    • Occupational hearing loss and loss of vision
    • Vibration white finger
    • Eye injuries
    • Repetitive strain injury
    • Electrical injuries

    If you’’ve been injured at work and you were not to blame, the expert personal injury lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline could help you to claim the work injury compensation payout you deserve.

    If your accident happened in the last three years, call us now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: April 29, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.