How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    With waiting times for doctors’ appointments rising, who should you visit instead?

    When you feel poorly, it’s reassuring to know that you can see a doctor without waiting. Unfortunately, sometimes, it’s not possible to get an appointment immediately. With waiting times for doctors’ appointments rising, it’s good to know where you can go if you need urgent medical help instead.

    With waiting times for doctors’ appointments rising, where else can I go for help?

    If you feel unwell, but you’re not seriously ill, your first port of call should be your GP. It’s best to call early in the morning to try and get an appointment for that day. If you can’t get an appointment, there are alternatives. If you have a minor illness, you can go to your local pharmacy, and they should be able to help you. You can also search online on NHS Choices for advice, or call 111, the NHS non-urgent advice line. When your call is connected, the operator will ask you some questions about your symptoms and give you tailored advice.

    In some towns and cities, it may be possible to drop into a walk-in centre. These facilities often open outside of normal office hours and you don’t need to call in advance. If waiting times for a doctor’s appointment are worrying you, this could be an option.

    Accident and Emergency departments are designed purely for those who need urgent help for serious medical issues. If you don’t need emergency treatment, you shouldn’t visit A and E.

    What to do if you need urgent medical treatment

    If you’ve been injured in a road accident, you’ve sustained injuries after a slip, trip or fall or you need urgent help for problems like breathing difficulties or severe pain, call 999, and wait for assistance. Your health should always be a priority. If you think you may have sustained injuries but you don’t need urgent treatment, it’s still a good idea to seek medical advice.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you’ve been injured in an accident and you want to claim compensation for a road accident, for example, your medical notes will form an important part of your evidence. Call Accident Advice Helpline if you are thinking of claiming car crash compensation. We have more than 15 years of experience in handling no-win, no-fee* claims, and we could help you to get the road accident compensation you deserve. Call us today on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. You can also take our 30-second online test.

    Date Published: February 20, 2017

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.