How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Top 5 tips for moving abroad

    Moving home is stressful at the best of times, but moving abroad takes potential stress to a whole new level. To minimise stress levels, follow these tips.


    Make sure some sort of accommodation, however temporary, is ready and waiting for you. All too many people head out into foreign countries expecting their new homes to be ready only to find they are stuck without anywhere to go on arrival. If necessary, book a hotel or arrange to stay with someone you know/will be working with.

    Work and school

    Make sure you know what schools are available and arrange for your children to be enrolled there as early as possible. Unless you already have a job waiting for you, make sure to consider the job market and find out what your chances of getting work are to prevent getting stuck abroad with no job or money.

    Papers required for moving abroad

    Before moving abroad to work or retire, make sure you have all papers necessary for the country you are moving to. This may include visas, work permits, an international driving licence and/or other documents. If moving with children, you will also need to inform their school(s) and ask for transfer certificates and other relevant information.


    Some countries also require specific vaccinations not only for you and your children, but also for pets. While checking out what is required, you should also find out about quarantine requirements for pets.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Health care

    While medical care is provided free of charge under the NHS, this may not be the case in other countries. Find out what is available and, if necessary, take out extra health insurance to cover you in case of illnesses or accidents abroad.


    These are just some of the basics you need to consider when moving abroad. You can find more detailed information at


    Illness and injuries abroad can happen whether you are living abroad or just visiting taking a holiday. Getting treatment or being brought home can turn out to be costly. If your injury on holiday was caused by someone else, you could be entitled to compensation. If you are, you may also be able to claim for some of the expenses you incurred because of your holiday accident.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    We can help you make that claim. Call our 24/7 helpline on 0800 689 0500 or, if using a mobile to make the call, 0333 500 0993 for helpful advice and support.

    Date Published: February 20, 2017

    Author: Accident Advice


    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.