A wedding is supposed to be the most special day in a couple’s life. Unfortunately, sometimes this day is ruined by accidents at a wedding. The most common accidents at weddings include:
- Slips, trips and falls
- Injuries by fire
- Food poisoning infections
Injuries by slipping, tripping or fire can happen both during wedding ceremonies and at receptions.
Causes of accidents at a wedding
Slip, trip and fall injuries at weddings are often caused by:
- Poorly maintained steps or flooring at venues (including churches, registry offices and reception venues)
- Carelessly positioned cables for sound/music equipment
- Carelessly deposited bags, gifts, etc.
- Spills or wet flooring due to poor weather conditions
Fire-related accidents at a wedding are typically caused either by candles or defective music/sound equipment. Food poisoning may be due to:
- Lack of food hygiene during preparation
- Inadequate storage (i.e. food not being kept cool enough during hot weather)
- Food not being cooked properly
Preventing wedding incidents
To prevent injuries at a wedding, it is, therefore, vital to ensure:
- Flooring is well maintained and kept dry and clear of wiring and clutter
- Candles are used safely and kept clear of flammable materials (curtains, drapes, banners, streamers, etc.)
- Sound/music equipment is well maintained and in safe working order
- Food is stored and prepared safely and cooked properly
The latter two precautions are best achieved by using reputable companies with exemplary safety records.
When a wedding is ruined
If you were injured at a wedding, you could qualify for a wedding injury claim if:
- Your wedding-related accident was caused by someone else
- You sustained your wedding injury within the last three years
You can get free, no-obligation compensation advice by calling our Accident Advice Helpline freephone number.
We established Accident Advice Helpline in 2000 to help people like you get compensation for no-fault injuries. A law firm with a nationwide legal team, we process all claims on a 100% no-win, no-fee basis. This, of course, means you do not have to add the worry about funding a claim to what is undoubtedly already a very stressful, upsetting time in your life.
With over 16 years’ experience, our solicitors can bring your claim to a swift end efficiently and in a highly professional, sympathetic manner.
How to contact us
To learn more, call our helpline from a UK landline or your mobile on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 now.
Date Published: May 6, 2017
Author: Accident Advice