In a restaurant kitchen you are surrounded by fire, knives and bacteria, and there is always a danger of accidents taking place. Safety should be your number one priority.
Most people associate restaurant kitchen accidents with burns and scalds, normally from hot water, appliances, stoves, and ovens. But slippery surfaces and ingredients can also cause serious harm.
The restaurant kitchen survival guide
Here is our survival guide to working in a restaurant kitchen:
- Wash your hands regularly. You should always wash your hands before and after handling food, particularly meat or poultry. Hands are one of the principal forms through which germs spread, so it is vital that you wash them thoroughly and regularly when working in a restaurant kitchen.
- Store knives in a safe place. You should store knives in a wooden block or in a drawer, and make sure that they are completely out of the reach of children.
- Check that you have an operational fire extinguisher, and make sure you know how to use it before a fire breaks out.
- Wearing loose clothes? Don’t start cooking. When you are surrounded by cookers and grills, you don’t want anything accidentally catching fire. Keep long hair tied back and don’t wear loose fitting clothes.
- Wipe up any spills. Floors can become slippery if liquids are spills and not cleaned up. Simple slips, trips and falls can cause nasty injuries in a kitchen.
Claiming compensation for restaurant kitchen accidents
If you have been involved in a restaurant kitchen accident, through no fault of your own, and you believe a third party is liable, you may be able to claim personal injury compensation.
Whether you suffered severe burns due to a faulty stove or simply slipped on a greasy kitchen floor, Accident Advice Helpline can assist you with your case, whatever your situation.
Should we mutually decide to move forward with your claim, you can recuperate at home, with the peace of mind that our specialist solicitors operate on a 100 per cent no-win, no-fee basis, meaning you are at no financial risk at any point during a genuine claim.
Getting in touch with us
For more information, and to receive your free initial consultation, speak with one of our friendly advisors today.
Our lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call us at a time convenient to you on freephone number 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.
Date Published: October 5, 2016
Author: Accident Advice