How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Survivor Guide: Visiting Hong Kong

    Hong Kong is known for its extraordinary skyline as well as its subtropical climate which makes it comfortable for travellers who are not used to extremely hot weather. Families can pay a visit to Middle Road Children’s Playground which has views of the waterfront and is also connected to Tsim Tsha Tsui East Waterfront Podium Garden where skateboarders often come to practice on weekends. Visitors who want to see the traditional side of Hong Kong could stop at the 18th-century Man Mo Temple which is a famous attraction in the area. Safety should be a top priority no matter which attractions you see in Hong Kong.

    Safety in Hong Kong

    The good news is UK travellers do not need a visa for stays in Hong Kong which last up to 90 days. However, you will need one if you travel to mainland China from Hong Kong so keep this in mind before you book any day trips. There are no immediate dangers as Hong Kong is one of the most well-policed countries in the world, but it is still better to stay vigilant when carrying cash in crowded tourist areas. The traffic is well controlled but can be fast so take care when crossing. If you go on any hikes or tours in the countryside of Hong Kong, equip yourself with a mobile phone, plenty of water and snacks, a map and a compass.

    Booking a package holiday

    Package holidays are covered by UK personal injury law, provided you booked with a UK travel company. This applies to any accident which is someone else’s fault and occurred at any point of the holiday that your travel operator arranged. This means that you can claim for accidents on flights, transfers, at your hotel and during any pre-arranged trips, provided the accident or injury was due to negligence on the part of staff or supervisors. Slips, trips and falls are covered by UK personal injury law as are traffic accidents and general accidents or injuries sustained on holiday. A personal injury expert such as Accident Advice Helpline can assist you with your case.

    How to get compensation advice

    Accident Advice Helpline can assist you in getting the compensation you deserve. As a law firm which has years of experience in helping accident victims, we are able to give you bespoke advice regarding your holiday compensation claim. Our online compensation calculator is quick to fill out and allows us to determine how successful your case is likely to be. You can also call us on our free 24-hour line and talk to an expert.

    Date Published: May 12, 2014

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.