Completing a house renovation, whether it’s part of your work or your own private home, involves hard work and costs a lot of money.
But it could cost you more money if you were to suffer a personal injury caused by slips, trips and falls during the house renovation, because it could prevent you from working any further and cause a significant loss in earnings.
What can I do to reduce the risk of suffering personal injury from a slip, trip or fall when completing a house renovation?
- Never climb a ladder without someone supervising you, especially if a floor appears uneven or unsteady. A fall from a ladder is a common cause of personal injury when completing house renovations.
- Make sure you wear appropriate footwear and clothing, especially a hard hat to protect against loose objects that may be high up. Failure to be prepared with your work attire could result in serious personal injury.
- Only use electrical tools if you have the necessary experience/license to do so, and have them professional tested by health and safety regulators. This will prevent the possibility of being electrocuted.
How do I claim for a personal injury suffered when completing a house renovation?
If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer personal injury that wasn’t your fault as a result of an accident while completing a house renovation, Accident Advice Helpline have the experience to advise you on whether you qualify for a claim and whether you may be successful.
Our friendly, professional and experienced advisers are available through our 24/7 advice line and can help you make a 100% no win, no fee** claim.
However, it is important that you ensure the following points apply to you before attempting to make a compensation claim for a slip, trip, fall or another form of personal injury:
- Your accident occurred while completing a house renovation.
- The accident happened in the last three years.
- The injury you suffered while completing a house renovation resulted in your having to seek immediate medical treatment.
- The accident happened through no fault of your own.
If all of the above apply to you, then it is likely you will qualify for a personal injury suffered while completing a house renovation, and you should call us in the first instance to learn how you can proceed with an easy and hassle-free claim now.
Date Published: October 2, 2013
Author: David Brown