How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How should I report my food poisoning case?

    One of the questions that we are regularly confronted with at Accident Advice Helpline is how to correctly report a claim for food poisoning. We strive to make the claim process as straightforward and as transparent as possible. Part of our service includes publishing blog articles like this in order to help our clients better understand the claim process.

    Reporting food poisoning

    If you believe that you have contracted food poisoning from a restaurant, then you may wish to report the restaurant in question to your local health authority. You may need to prove that the symptoms you suffered were as a direct result of eating at that particular restaurant. This may be easier if you ate out as part of a group and many members of your party are complaining of the same symptoms.

    Writing to the restaurant directly

    It is also an idea to write a letter of complaint directly to the restaurant stating that you believe you have suffered food poisoning as a direct result of eating there. The restaurant should then launch an internal investigation in order to find out if this is the case. However, a restaurant may be uncooperative when it comes to potentially admitting liability for a compensation claim, so you may still have to go through your local health authority.

    Don’t accept a refund for your meal

    If you intend to make a personal injury claim for contracting food poisoning, do not accept a refund of the price of your meal. This may be a way for a restaurant to avoid paying further damages to you as accepting a monetary settlement in the form of a refund may be disguised as an acute way to get out of paying you the compensation you deserve.

    Have you contracted food poisoning and it wasn’t your fault?

    Food poisoning can be an extremely uncomfortable experience. It can also render you unable to work and can incur a financial loss as a result. A claim for compensation won’t undo the pain you have suffered but can help go towards redressing the financial difficulties that arise as the result of an injury or accident.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you’ve suffered food poisoning within the last three years and it wasn’t your fault, you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation. Contact one of our highly-trained, friendly and professional advisors today for obligation-free advice on how you could make a 100 per cent no-win no-fee** claim. You can also check out some of our articles on road traffic accidents and accidents at work.

    Call us today on Freephone number, 0800 689 0500, for more information.

    Date Published: April 27, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.