How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Racing your own car on a professional racing track

    Generally speaking, when you use a professional racing track to race your own car, you are liable for any road traffic accident or damage that occurs during your use of the track.

    That being said, as with standard road-related accident incidents, if you feel that your driving or car management isn’t to blame, and you are able to provide evidence to support your liability claim, you could have a case to claim personal injury compensation.

    Who is liable for my accident on a professional racing track?

    When you are granted permission to use your own car on a professional racing track, you typically use the facilities without an induction on how to drive your vehicle. It is an independent activity, and you will be asked to provide a licence to prove your ownership of the vehicle and your capability to drive it.

    Should you make a mistake or misjudge an area of the professional racing track and this causes a car accident, it is likely that you will be held liable for any damage.

    Yet, if you feel that poor maintenance of the professional racing track, or a problem with the track itself has led to your car accident, and you can provide photographic evidence of this issue, you may have a good case to claim personal injury compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How can I claim for my accident?

    If the latter is the case for your professional racing track accident, then it is likely that the professional racing track management/owner has failed in their legal responsibility to ensure your health and safety while using the facility.

    They must take reasonable measures to minimise the risk of accidents, in this case, this could include ensuring that the professional racing track is clear of any litter, or that any erosion/potholes are fixed before you take to the track.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Accident Advice Helpline could help you recover the compensation you deserve if the professional racing track management are at fault for your car accident.

    Call us today on freephone number, 0800 689 0500, for more information and to determine your eligibility to claim. Lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for your convenience, and there’s no pressure to pursue your claim following your call. Alternatively, complete our 30-second eligibility test online.

    Date Published: December 9, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.