How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Who is prone to industrial deafness?

    Health and Safety Executive statistics show that more than 2,000 people in Great Britain have been affected by occupational deafness in the last eleven years. If you’ve lost your hearing as a result of an accident at work or an unsafe or poorly-regulated working environment, you may be thinking about claiming work injury compensation.

    Who suffers from industrial deafness?

    Industrial deafness is commonly linked to people working in the construction industry; however, there are risks of hearing loss in many other industries and this issue is not restricted to those working in the construction trade. Industrial deafness can affect anyone who is subjected to loud noise on a frequent or persistent basis and this may include those working in:

    • engineering
    • music and music production
    • events
    • shipbuilding
    • manufacturing
    • quarrying
    • motor industry
    • milling
    • mining

    Preventing industrial deafness

    All employers are required to provide a safe workplace for their employees and they must take steps to try and prevent work injuries, including hearing loss. This may include providing ear defenders, carrying out risk assessments, monitoring noise levels (by measuring decibels) and ensuring that staff members have the relevant health and safety training.

    If you notice symptoms of hearing loss, such as finding it more difficult to hear people when they are talking to you or listening to the radio or television at higher levels, seek medical advice and talk to your employer.

    What should I do if I’ve lost my hearing?

    If you’ve lost your hearing as a result of a work accident or you believe that your employer is guilty of negligence and this has contributed to impaired hearing, you may be able to claim work accident compensation. See a doctor so that your hearing can be assessed and note down as much information about your case as you can including dates, times, noise levels and witness statements from colleagues and then contact Accident Advice Helpline, a law firm with over 10 years of experience in dealing with compensation claims for injured workers.

    Open Claim Calculator

    One of our trained personal injury lawyer will handle your case, so you can relax and focus on your recovery. The process is designed to minimise stress and most of the information needed by the legal team can be gathered over the telephone or by email; the majority of clients do not need to go to court. Give us a call today on 0800 689 0500 to speak to one of our advisers.

    Date Published: March 2, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.