How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim jargon buster: What does ‘statement of case’ mean?

    A statement of case is the legal term for any formal documents used in the courts of England and Wales, in which a party sets out its legal case. An old term for this is ‘pleading’, which was in use until the introduction of the Civil Procedure Rules 1998, which aimed to simplify the process for resolving a civil dispute. A statement of case may be a claim form, the particulars of a claim, or the defence, as well as other legal documents.

    If you have suffered an accident in public, that was no fault of your own, you may be entitled to compensation. Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm that can help you to make a personal injury compensation claim.

    What kinds of accidents can I make a claim for?

    If you have suffered a personal injury in a public place, such as a work injury, then you may be able to make a personal injury claim. Employers have an obligation to prevent their employees from coming to any harm in their working environment. Some common examples of work injuries include, but are not limited to: industrial injuries, repetitive strain injury, tinnitus, slips and falls, construction accidents and vibration white finger.

    Additionally, if you have suffered an accident that wasn’t your fault in any public place, including a pub, live music venue, a shopping centre, or on the high street, you may be entitled to compensation.

    What should I do if I have had an accident in public?

    If you have had an accident in public, such as a slip, trip or a fall, road traffic accident, or an accident at work, then Accident Advice Helpline can help. We have over 10 years’ experience in processing injury compensation claims, and our telephone lines are open 24/7, completely free of charge. We also have a wealth of information on our website including a quick and easy 30-second test compensation calculator. The majority of claims can be made over the telephone, and there’s no obligation to proceed with a claim by talking to us.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you’ve suffered an accident or personal injury that wasn’t your fault, give us a call today on 0800 689 0500 to see if you could be entitled to compensation.

    Date Published: March 2, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.