How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim jargon buster: Multi track

    In 1999, as the result of the Woolfe Reforms, the courts of England and Wales adopted a unifying set of rules, which became known as Civil Procedure Rules. These set out basic rules for the codes of practice parties are expected to follow when they are pursuing a legal case.

    In a multi track procedure, the court procedures are arguably less rigorous, as the judge has discretion to use a number of case management approaches. If, for example, you wished to pursue a personal injury compensation claim in which damages were likely to be above £25,000, your case would likely be allocated to a multi track procedure. This is because these cases tend to be more complicated than those involving smaller amounts.

    Why might I need to claim for a personal injury?

    If you have suffered an accident that wasn’t your fault in a public place, then you may be entitled to compensation. Unfortunately, personal injury hazards can be found everywhere. Below are some of the more common types of accidents you may wish to claim for.

    Accidents in public

    This might be a slip, trip or a fall while out shopping in your local high street. It may also be in a public venue where precautions to prevent an accident haven’t been taken, such as in your local pub or restaurant, where spilled drinks and food can easily cause trips and falls.

    Work accidents

    Employers have a duty to protect their employees from suffering an accident in the workplace. If you have suffered an injury at work, such as a trip or fall, repetitive strain injury, or construction accident, you may be entitled to compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Road accidents

    If you have suffered an injury on the road, including a slip or fall from your bike as the result of a car accident, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim.

    What should I do if I have had an accident?

    If you have had an accident in public through no fault of your own, Accident Advice Helpline can help. We have 15 years’ experience of making successful personal injury compensation claims. We have a wealth of advice on our website, including a quick and easy 30-second test compensation calculator.

    Our telephone lines are open 24 hours, seven days a week, and we work on a strict 100 per cent no-win no-fee* basis, so you won’t be left out of pocket if your claim in unsuccessful.  If you’ve had an accident that wasn’t your fault, get in touch with us today on 0800 689 0500 to see if you could claim compensation.

    Date Published: March 2, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.