How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injuries in the home: Negligent landlords

    Slips, trips and falls in the home and garden are common everyday accidents that we can expect to experience every once in a while. We also, at times, experience injuries in the home due to issues such as burst pipes, faulty electrics or malfunctioning appliances.

    Yet, when you are involved in an accident at home, caused by landlord negligence, you may feel as much anger and annoyance as you do physical pain. In cases such as these, you may want to seek the advice from a specialist law firm that will help you determine whether or not you have a case eligible for personal injury compensation.

    Is my landlord liable for my injuries in the home?

    Under The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, landlords have a legal obligation to maintain their properties and installations to a standard ‘fit for human habitation’. This state must be declared at the start of the tenancy and upheld throughout the entirety of the lease.

    In many cases, tenants have no responsibility for the property and many of its fixtures and appliances. With that in mind, when an injury is sustained due to issues with the property or its contents, it is likely the property owner has failed to meet his duty of care.  As such, negligent landlords can be held liable for injuries sustained because of the accident.

    For homes where children are present, landlords must employ a greater degree of care to ensure the property is fit for youngsters who, by nature, are less aware of hazards.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Does your case meet the following criteria?

    • You are genuinely hurt due to the accident
    • The landlord is responsible for the maintenance of the area or item in the home that caused your accident
    • Action was not taken to remove risk of injury
    • Your injuries in the home were caused by landlord negligence

    If so, a law firm, such as Accident Advice Helpline could help you claim the compensation you are entitled to, whether you experienced a slip, fall or any other accident in the home.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Have you suffered injuries from a slip, trip, fall or other accident in the home or garden? When you are involved in an accident, and you are not to blame, Accident Advice Helpline could help you claim the personal injury compensation you deserve for the harm you have suffered.

    Call us today on 0800 689 0500 for a free initial consultation, with no pressure to pursue your claim following the call.

    Date Published: July 22, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice


    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.