How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injured as a result of poor road maintenance?

    If you’ve been involved in road traffic accidents or injured as a result of poor road maintenance, and you were not to blame, you may be thinking about pursuing a claim for compensation.

    Compensation is awarded to drivers who have been injured as a result of negligence on another person’s part. It can also be possible to claim if an accident was caused by negligence on the part of a managing authority, for example, if a car crash resulted from poor road maintenance.

    Can you claim for an injury sustained as a result of poor road maintenance?

    Have you been involved in a road accident? Did you lose control of your car as a result of poor road maintenance, or hit an obstacle in the road, which shouldn’t have been there?

    If you’ve sustained car crash injuries following an accident caused by poor road maintenance, you should be able to claim compensation.

    Examples of issues which may cause accidents on the road include potholes, uneven surfaces and failure to display road signs correctly.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Claiming compensation for accidents on the road

    If you’ve suffered injuries in a car crash and you believe that you were not to blame, write down all the relevant details about the incident and report the accident to the police and the local authority.

    Seek assistance for any injuries and take photographs of the road surface, your car and any injuries you suffered.

    In most cases, preventing poor road maintenance falls under the list of responsibilities of the local council. If an issue has already been reported, but it hasn’t been fixed, you have the right to make a claim.

    What should I do next?

    If you’d like to find out more about claiming road accident compensation, contact Accident Advice Helpline.

    If you’ve been injured on the roads and you were not to blame, our expert personal injury lawyers could help you to claim the compensation you deserve.

    Our firm was established in 2000 with the aim of providing consumers with a simple, stress-free and fair means of claiming personal injury compensation. We have established a reputation for professionalism and efficiency and we do all we can to make the process as simple as possible for every client.

    If you’ve been injured in the last three years and you’d appreciate expert advice, call us today on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Our friendly advisors are ready and waiting to help.

    Date Published: August 1, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice


    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.