Having an accident before or during your holiday can ruin that dream break you’ve planned. Here are five tips from Accident Advice Helpline in order to ensure your personal safety at the airport.
Simple ways to ensure your personal safety at the airport
- Using public transport: If you use public transport to arrive at the airport, it is important to be aware of pickpockets. Pickpockets operate in crowded areas and can easily steal your valuables or even your passport.
- Keep a lock on your suitcase: Keeping a lock on your suitcase can ensure that no one can interfere with your luggage. Small padlocks are inexpensive and can be purchased at almost any DIY store. Alternatively, many airport shops will sell padlocks, but usually at a higher price.
- Arrive early: It is a common sight to see people running through an airport in order to catch a flight. The floors in airports are usually made of linoleum for the purposes of cleaning which means they can be slippery. This increases the chances of suffering a slip trip or fall. Arrive with plenty of time to catch your flight.
- Don’t leave luggage unattended: It is important not to leave your luggage unattended as this can result in having your luggage confiscated and examined by security or, even worse, could allow someone to slip something into your luggage. It is also important not to accept any packages from strangers.
- Keep your wallet, credit cards in an inner pocket: It is a good idea to store your wallet and credit cards in an inner pocket in your coat. This makes it less accessible to pickpockets and reduces the chances of your valuables or identity being stolen.
Accident at the airport?
If you’ve had an accident at an airport within the last three years and it wasn’t your fault, you could be entitled to make a claim for travel accident compensation.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 for more information. We could even help you to make a claim for compensation if the accident occurred outside the UK. Our freephone lines are open 24/7 and are staffed by friendly, professional advisors. All of our claims are made on a 100 per cent no-win no-fee** basis, meaning you won’t be out of pocket in the unfortunate event that your claim for compensation is unsuccessful. The majority of our claims are settled outside of court.
Date Published: April 27, 2015
Author: Accident Advice