Mediterranean cruises can be one of the most enjoyable experiences you will ever undertake. However, an accident on holiday can turn your dream break into a trip from hell.
At Accident Advice Helpline, we’ve been dealing with claims in all areas of personal injury compensation for many years and that also includes travel accident compensation. In that time, we have amassed an unrivalled and unparalleled knowledge when it comes to your personal safety.
Here are five tips to avoid injury on Mediterranean cruises:
- Wear appropriate footwear: This will help prevent slips, trips and falls which may occur as a result of sea water splashing on to the deck. Ensure that soles of your footwear have adequate grip.
- Watch what you eat: Not only can developing food poisoning ruin your holiday, it can cause serious injuries and it may be difficult to obtain proper medical attention while on board a cruise ship. Do not consume any meat that does not appear to have been fully cooked.
- Be careful regarding alcohol: If you like to enjoy an alcoholic beverage then there is perhaps nowhere more idyllic than on that well-deserved break away. However, over-intoxication increases the risk of being involved in a number of different accidents such as a slip or trip.
- Report anything suspicious: If you see anyone behaving suspiciously on board, it is best to report this to the crew as soon as possible.
- Keep your guard up: Just as you would in a city break, it’s important to remain vigilant and alert when on a cruise ship. Don’t walk down any darkened corridors and ensure that you keep any valuables locked inside a safe in your cabin if possible.
Accident on a cruise ship?
If you’ve suffered an accident on a cruise ship within the last three years and it wasn’t your fault, you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 for more information on how you could make a 100 per cent no-win no-fee* claim for travel accident compensation. Our freephone lines are open 24/7 and are staffed by friendly, professional and knowledgeable advisors who will give you obligation-free advice on how to proceed with a claim for compensation.
Please note that any amounts quoted are guideline amounts only and may not accurately reflect a final payout of compensation.
Date Published: April 27, 2015
Author: Accident Advice