If you have suffered an injury after an accident that wasn’t your fault, you might be considering claiming for compensation. However, there is no guarantee that your case will be successful, as there are many things that need to be taken into consideration and ways to spot the signs that a claim will succeed.
Building a case that is likely to succeed
There are a number of factors that can certainly help your case. You might want to claim compensation because of:
- An accident at work
- A road traffic accident
- An accident in the street or in a public place
No matter the basis of your claim, the signs that a claim will succeed are similar across the board and are based upon the same claim fundamentals. Five main things you need to consider when making a claim for personal injury compensation include:
- Who was to blame? If you were not to blame for an accident that has caused you injury then there is a good chance you will be able to make a claim.
- When did it happen? To make a claim an accident must have happened in the past three years. So it’s worth considering this before proceeding with your claim.
- Who will give me legal advice? You can often obtain good legal advice free of charge over the phone after a personal injury. Accident Advice Helpline works on a no-win no-fee* basis, so it won’t cost you a penny to process a claim or at least discuss it with an expert.
- Where did it happen? You need to consider where your accident took place. Accidents at work or in public places often mean you have a better chance of claiming compensation for a personal injury, as it means somebody else was responsible.
- Have you got all the information? A claim for personal injury compensation will always be helped if you have all the relevant information to hand. Details like the names of people involved, where you were, times and car registrations following a road accident can all be vital.
If you are able to support your claim with evidence of liability and work through the above five claim elements, you are likely to build a successful claim.
What if you think you have a claim for personal injury compensation?
Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm of personal injury lawyers and boasts extensive experience of dealing with claims for accidents at work and slips, trips and falls. Our friendly, professional advisors are available on our Freephone helpline, which is answered 24/7, and we work purely on a no-win no-fee* basis.
Call us today on 0800 689 0500 see if we can help you with your case.
Date Published: April 27, 2015
Author: Accident Advice