A hotel break should be the perfect way to get away from it all, but we at Accident Advice Helpline know all too well that an accident can occur at any time and in any place.
In 15 years of dealing with all areas of personal injury compensation, we’ve seen our fair share of accidents that may be described as, at best, slightly bizarre. However regardless how strange an accident is, if someone has been injured then it is absolutely no laughing matter. We take all of our clients’ claims for compensation seriously and you can speak to us in the strictest of confidence.
Here are five far-fetched yet possible potential hotel accidents:
- Electric shock: It is not entirely unheard of for a hotel guest to receive an electric shock from a piece of equipment in their hotel room. It could arise as the result of using a television or hair dryer in your room.
- Allergic reaction: Many hotels provide toiletries and other items for their guests’ pleasure and relaxation. It is possible to develop an allergic reaction to some of the beauty products available, which brings us to our next point.
- A slip, trip or fall in the bathroom: Hotel bathrooms are often kept in immaculate conditions. A slight downside to this is that the cleaning products used can often leave surfaces slippery, making guests liable to slipping or tripping in the bathroom.
- Stuck in a lift: A power failure or other electrical failure could leave guests trapped in a lift. It can sometimes take hours to rescue someone who has been trapped in a lift and can be an extremely stressful and traumatic experience.
- Bed bugs: There’s a little bit more to this than meets the eye. Studies have shown that beds that are made regularly are more likely to become a breeding ground for bed bugs as opposed to beds that aren’t made and left to air out. This means that it might not be a case of unsanitary conditions, but keeping the room tidy and presentable which may cause bed bugs.
Claiming compensation for an accident in a hotel
If you’ve been injured as the result of an accident in a hotel such as a slip or trip, you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation, so long as you are not to blame and the accident in question occurred within the last three years.
We could even help you to make a claim for compensation if the accident happened outside the UK. For more information, give us a call today on Freephone number 0800 689 0500.
Date Published: March 2, 2015
Author: Accident Advice