One of the activities you would not typically associate with injury is dog walking. But, like most activities there is a risk of experiencing dog walking accidents when you are parading with your pooch. Here are 5 possible yet far-fetched potential dog walking accidents.
Five potential dog walking accidents
- Fall injury: If the dog you are walking is strong or big and it becomes distracted by something and charges it may pull you over and cause you to sustain a trip injury. This may happen especially if you wrap the lead around your hand to try and get more control over the dog.
- Uneven ground: Whilst you are out walking your dog in the park or along the path you may encounter hills, potholes or simply uneven ground. If you do not notice these obstacles they could quite easily cause you to slip, trip or fall over them.
- Road traffic accidents: If you walk your dog near a main road or any road which has traffic driving along it will carry a small risk that your dog may try to cross the road in front of a car. This type of accident could be much worse than a simple trip injury and could cause a severe injury for you or your dog.
- Slip injury on ice or water: If you walk your dog in the morning wintry days could mean you are out walking when it is icy or very wet. This is when you have to be especially careful to avoid sustaining a slip injury from accidents on the ice, sludge or snow.
- Tripping over other dogs: Dog walking is a popular way to socialise with other people and a hot spot for this activity is local parks. This is where many dog owners take their canine friends and can mean that the parks are often overrun with dogs off their leads. If you are not aware of those around you a trip injury could be sustained by falling over another dog or other people.
Claiming compensation for dog walking accidents
While these dog walking accidents are far-fetched, over our 15 years’ experience as an established personal injury compensation law firm, Accident Advice Helpline have seen some unbelievably bizarre cases.
No matter the basis of your accident, if you have had an incident such as a slip, trip or fall, or any other accident in public, within the last three years that wasn’t your fault, you may be able to make a claim.
Speak to one of our Accident Advice Helpline advisers today on 0800 689 0500, to find out more about making a slip, trip or fall claim.
Date Published: March 2, 2015
Author: Accident Advice