How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    The first steps to take if you are burnt by a hot drink

    Scalding injuries are very painful at best and could have serious long-term, even life-threatening effects at worst. A serious burn could also place a significant financial burden on you and your family. Knowing what to do when you are burnt by a hot drink helps to minimise the consequences of a scalding injury and the long-term effects.

    Burnt by a hot drink

    The first thing you must do if you are burnt by a hot drink is to seek medical assistance. Ensuring the severity of your burn injury is diagnosed and treated correctly straight away may help to prevent:

    • Permanent scarring
    • Infections and other complications likely to develop if your burn injury remains untreated

    Having your injury seen to immediately will also ensure it is documented within your medical record, as well as any medication and/or treatments you required. This will be useful as evidence to support a personal injury claim if your injury by scalding was caused by someone else’s mistake or carelessness. In this case, you should also get:

    • Details of witnesses and/or emergency medical professionals (these should include names and current contact information)
    • Photographs of your injury and the scene of the accident (the latter may help to show how, where and possibly why you were injured)

    If you are unable to gather this information yourself, someone else may be able to do so for you.

    You should also keep any receipts for expenses you incurred because of your burning injury (medical or travel expenses, cost of subsequent therapy or care for you and/or dependent members of your family, etc.). If your injury makes it impossible for you to go to work, you may also be able to claim for loss of income, in which case you will need to provide proof of earnings (i.e. wage slips, bank statements).

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    We have been helping people who were burnt by a hot drink get the compensation they deserve for more than 15 years. Thanks to the wealth of experience we have gathered over these years, we can help you get the compensation due to you quickly, efficiently and without any unnecessary hassle.

    Contact us

    If you believe you may have a claim, get expert compensation advice and secure the support of one of our skilled in-house solicitors today by calling our confidential no-obligation freephone helpline from your mobile or landline on 0333 500 0993 or 0800 689 0500 respectively now.

    Date Published: March 6, 2017

    Author: SM Content

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.