Many of us visit sports stadiums for fun and relaxation as well as letting off a bit of steam. However, that doesn’t mean that they are free from risk and danger when it comes to potential accidents, and injuries in football stadiums.
For those who work at sports stadiums the threat of accidents at work is probably greater than those people who work in more conventional surroundings.
Typical injuries in football stadiums
Whether you work at sports stadiums or just go to watch your favourite team play, here are a few examples of the most common accidents that could cause injuries in football stadiums.
- Most sports stadiums are designed to hold thousands of people and because of this they often contain many steps. As a result there is a potential risk of slips, trips and falls if you don’t watch your footing.
- Getting to the sports stadium can pose its own problems. Thousands of people all making their way to the same destination at the same time means the chances of a road traffic accident is extremely likely.
- Whether it’s football, cricket, or rugby there is always a chance that a ball may fly into the crowd causing injury to spectators and those working in the stadium.
- You might want to get close to the action, but sometimes this can be a risk in itself. Athletes falling into the crowd may look funny on the TV, but for those on the receiving end it can be very painful and even dangerous.
- Stadiums can often be exposed areas depending on the sport you are watching. There is always a chance that severe weather can cause injury to spectators and workers. Strong winds, slippery surfaces and even electrical storms will always pose the risk of injury, so it’s always wise to be prepared.
Have you been hurt at a sports stadium?
If you’ve been hurt in an accident that wasn’t your fault at a sports stadium, you may be entitled to claim compensation for your injuries. You may assume that it’s not worth making a claim because the process is too long and time-consuming, but this isn’t always the case.
Accident Advice Helpline deals with a range of different cases, from slips, trips and falls to road traffic accident claims and has years of experience in handling compensation cases. We are also very experienced in claims concerning accidents in the workplace.
Call us today on Freephone number, 0800 689 0500, to speak with one of our professional, friendly advisors.
Date Published: April 27, 2015
Author: Accident Advice