If you’re heading to the airport, there’s a good chance that you’re preparing to jet off on holiday and enjoy a well-earned rest. The last thing you want is to get injured before you go, so it’s a good idea to be wary of common airport injuries and accidents, such as slips, trips and falls.
What are the most common airport injuries and accidents?
Airports can be dangerous places, with lots of people hurrying about. Some examples of common airport injuries and accidents include:
- Slips and trips on wet or slippery floors
- Injuries caused by lifting heavy bags onto the scales and off the carousel
- Falling over obstacles, such as litter and bags
- Scalds caused by hot drinks
- Falls on the stairs and escalators
- Injuries caused by bumping into other people
If you’re going to the airport, here are some safety tips to prevent public place accidents:
- Give yourself plenty of time and avoid rushing
- Wear suitable footwear
- Watch out for warning signs on wet floors and in doorways and stair wells
- Take care when moving luggage. If you have heavy bags, use a trolley
- Try to avoid carrying drinks around with you and notify a member of staff if you spill anything on the floor
- Watch where you’re going at all times
- Look out for moving vehicles
- Stand well back from the luggage carousel
Can I claim compensation for airport injuries?
If you’ve been involved in an accident in a public place such as the airport, you must report it to a member of staff. Seek medical advice for your airport injuries and make a note of everything that happened.
If you weren’t at fault for your injuries, you may have a case for public liability compensation. All companies and individuals that run public places have a duty to comply with health and safety measures to protect members of the public; if accidents happen because these measures are not in place, you have a right to claim personal injury compensation.
If you wish to make a claim, our expert team at Accident Advice Helpline will help you navigate the process without any stress at all. We have over 15 years’ experience in handling no-win, no-fee claims, and the majority of our clients do not have to go to court.
If you’ve been injured in a public place in the last three years, call us now to find out more. Our lines are open 24/7 on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a
Date Published: April 29, 2016
Author: Accident Advice