Whether you work in a pub or you enjoy a drink at your local from time to time, it’s important to be aware of the risks of common accidents to occur within a pub. If you’ve been injured at a pub or you’ve been involved in accidents at work and you were not to blame, you have the right to claim compensation and Accident Advice Helpline could help to make the claims process as simple and stress-free as possible.
What are the most common accidents to occur within a pub?
If you work at your local, it’s wise to be wary of some of the most common accidents to occur within a pub. If you’re aware of the risks, this will help to reduce the risk of work accidents and work-related injuries. Your employer must also act to prevent these common accidents from occurring:
- slips, trips and falls
- assault and verbal abuse
- burns and scalds
- cuts from broken glasses and bottles
- injuries caused by machinery
What can I do if I’ve been injured at work in a pub?
If you’ve sustained work injuries and you believe that you were not at fault, you may have a case for work injury compensation. Your employer has a duty to adhere to health and safety regulations in order to protect their workforce from accidents at work, work-related illness and potentially hazardous situations, which may result in work-related injuries. Examples of measures they may employ include:
- ensuring all staff have the relevant training
- enforcing policies to deal with potential hazards; for example, ensuring spillages are cleared up immediately and placing warning signs for staff and public safety
- ensuring all equipment and machinery is checked on a regular basis and functioning properly
- ensuring a zero tolerance policy on abuse and physical assault and providing security
If you feel that your employer has displayed negligence and you were injured as a result, you may wish to think about claiming work accident compensation. At Accident Advice Helpline, we have more than a decade of experience in work injury claims and our expert personal injury lawyers handle all the hard work, so you won’t have any extra stress to deal with. Call today on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to find out more about claiming no win, no fee compensation.
Date Published: December 9, 2015
Author: David Brown