How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Most common accident claims: Health and social care

    Although it may not seem like an employment sector that carries health risks, those that are employed within the health and social care sector, are indeed, at risk of encountering accidents at work and work-related injuries.

    Who is at risk of work accidents in the health and social care sector?

    Regardless of the physicality of the job, everyone who works within this employment sector is at risk of injuries at work, whether it be a busy A&E doctor or an office-based social worker. Those in posts as doctors, surgeons, nurses, social workers, foster carers and home care workers are just some of the people that are at risk of injuries in the work place and there are many common accident claims that are filed by law firms such as Accident Advice Helpline on behalf of such workers.

    Common accident claims

    Common accident claims in health and social care are when individuals suffer slip, trips and falls within the workplace, and these usually happen when the health and safety of the work environment is neglected. For example, the HDA have very strict guidelines when it comes to hazards within a operating theatre, such as the rule that states that all potential hazards should be removed and only equipment required for the procedure should be in the space. If this rule is not undertaken and respected by everyone within the environment, someone working in the theatre space may slip or trip over a hazard and suffer a work injury.

    It’’s not just physical accidents and problems that could occur in health and social care either, as in this sector, mental stress is also a common work accident claim. Those that work within this employment sector are sometimes under heavy amounts of stress and worry with large workloads and busy, long shifts, and such things can lead to exhaustion, depression and emotional stress.

    Making a health and social care compensation claim

    When working in health and social care, there are many guidelines that employers should abide by to ensure the safety and both the physical and mental health of their employers. If you suffered an injury at work, it may be because such regulations were neglected and you may be able to claim compensation.  Accident Advice Helpline is here to help and advise you on your work accident claim, and you can find out in just 30 seconds if we may be able to help your case by using our compensation calculator.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: May 1, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.