How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Children injured on swings at the park

    Spring is finally here, and before we know it, the summer holidays will be in full swing. When the sun’s shining, and the sky is blue, there’s no better way to spend the day than taking a trip to the park with the family and enjoying some quality time together in the fresh air. When you’re visiting a public park, you expect the equipment provided to be in good condition. If this is not the case, and there are repercussions, for example, your child has been injured on swings at the park, you may wish to consider claiming compensation.

    Can I claim if my child is injured on swings at the park?

    If you take your children to the park on a sunny afternoon, the last thing you want to worry about is injuries and accidents. Sadly, the park is often the scene of slips, trips and falls. In many cases, accidents occur as a result of over-ambition or over-excitement on the part of the child, but it is possible for other factors to be involved. In situations where injuries occur as a result of faulty equipment, for example, if a child is injured on swings at the park, and the swing was damaged or broken, the child would not be liable for the accident. If this happens, the authority or company that manages the park should assume liability. If the fault had been reported, and not fixed, compensation should be awarded.

    How do I make a claim?

    If you’ve been injured in a public place, such as a park, and you weren’t to blame, you have a right to claim public liability compensation. When you can prove that the other party, in this case, the authority that is responsible for maintaining the park, was at fault, you should be awarded compensation for your injuries. It isn’t possible for the child to make a compensation claim for an accident at the park. However, a responsible adult, in most cases, the parent, would be able to file a claim on their behalf.

    If you would like to find out more about claiming compensation for a slip, trip or fall in a public place, call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone. We work on a no-win, no-fee* basis, and the majority of our clients don’t have to go to court.

    Date Published: April 18, 2017

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.