How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What can you claim if you suffer an injury overseas?

    If you’ve been injured abroad as a result of travel accidents, you may be able to claim holiday accident compensation. However, there are restrictions in place and not every incident qualifies for a compensation payout in the UK. If you’ve been involved in an accident abroad and you’d like to find out if you have a valid compensation claim, call Accident Advice Helpline to discuss your case with one of our friendly advisors.

    What can you claim for an injury overseas?

    If you’ve sustained an injury overseas, it may be worth finding out about claiming travel accident compensation. Examples of scenarios which may constitute viable personal injury claims include:

    • road traffic accidents
    • slips, trips and falls
    • food poisoning from a hotel
    • accidents caused by faulty equipment
    • train, plane and bus accidents
    • accidents sustained on an organised tour or excursion
    • work accidents abroad

    The amount of compensation you can claim depends on several factors, including the type and severity of the injury overseas, the costs you incurred as a result of your injuries, the impact on your health and any implications for your future, such as losing income due to taking time off work or even losing your job.

    How can I find out if I have a claim?

    In order to claim personal injury compensation, the incident must have happened within the last 3 years and you must have evidence, which shows that you were not at fault. In most cases, injury claims are related to accidents which occurred as a result of negligence on the part of the tour operator or organisations and businesses which they represent, such as hotels and resorts, for example. Types of evidence which may help to support your case include:

    • eye witness statements
    • medical assessments and reports
    • photographs and video clips

    If you’ve been involved in an accident overseas or you suffered injuries on holiday and you would like to find out if you can claim holiday injury compensation, Accident Advice Helpline can help. Take our 30-second eligibility test or call 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. The lines are open 24 hours a day. If you do have a viable claim, our experienced personal injury lawyers will guide you through the travel accident claims process and do everything they can to secure your no win, no fee payout.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: December 9, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.