How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can I claim if I’m injured playing organised social sport?

    Thousands of people participate in sporting activities every day in the UK, but what happens if you suffer an injury and are you entitled to claim compensation for a slip, trip or fall during organised social sport?

    Can I claim for an injury sustained playing organised social sport?

    For many people, sport is an outlet for excess energy, a means of keeping fit and having fun with friends, but what happens when it turns sour and you end up with a slip or trip injury? If you’re playing organised social sport and you suffer an injury, there is a chance that you could receive financial compensation.

    Compensation is a financial payout which is given to people who suffer illness or injury through no fault of their own. In order to claim personal injury compensation, you must be able to prove that you were not at fault for the injuries you sustained and that you were injured as a result of negligence on the part of a company, organisation or individual.

    Examples of potential compensation claims in a social sport scenario include being injured as a result of using faulty equipment or suffering an injury as a result of poorly-maintained flooring while playing sport at a municipal or privately-run facility. In contrast, if you slip having a kick about in your own back garden because there’s been a lot of rain and you’re wearing plimsolls instead of football boots or you trip over a chair that’s been left in the way, this would not warrant a viable public liability claim.

    What should I do if I want to claim compensation?

    If you wish to pursue public place accident compensation, it’s essential to gather as much relevant information as possible, so jot down everything about the incident, take photographs of the location and your injuries, ask other people who were there to provide statements and their contact details and seek medical advice.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Once you have the relevant details to hand, call Accident Advice Helpline, on Freephone number, 0800 689 0500, to discuss your personal injury claim with an experienced lawyer. Our legal team will handle your no-win no-fee** claim, taking on all the hard work and removing unnecessary stress from you, leaving you to focus on your recovery. Most of the information needed can be gathered via email or the telephone and the vast majority of clients do not go to court.

    Date Published: July 22, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.