How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can I claim for an accident in someone else’s home?

    If you’re popping round to visit a friend or attending a party or barbecue, you’re probably not thinking about accidents, but the reality is that accidents can happen at any time, in any place and often, injuries occur when you least expect them.

    If you’ve had a slip, trip or fall or you’ve been injured and it wasn’t your fault, Accident Advice Helpline could help you to make a successful compensation claim. The question is, can I claim for an accident in someone else’s home?

    Can I claim for an accident in somebody else’s home?

    If you slip or trip in a public place, such as a shop or you fall on a loose paving stone in a town centre and you were not at fault, there is usually a clear case for public liability compensation; however, the protocol surrounding accidents in homes is something of a grey area.

    If you were injured on somebody else’s property and you can prove that your injuries were sustained as a result of their negligence, you may be able to claim personal injury compensation. The viability of the injury claim is usually dependent on whether they are the home owner or land owner and whether they have appropriate insurance.

    What should I do if I’ve had an accident at somebody’s house?

    If you’ve been involved in an accident on private property and you would like to claim compensation, note down all the details of the incident, including the time, the exact location and how the accident occurred and ask eye witnesses for their contact details. See a doctor in order to get your injuries assessed and report the incident to the home owner. If you intend to make a claim to cover expenses you have incurred as a result of your injuries, such as medical fees or travel costs, make sure that you keep receipts and financial records. The more evidence you can provide to support your claim, the higher the chance of success.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Once you have gathered the relevant information, call the expert personal injury lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline. If they believe you have a valid compensation claim, we will handle all the hard work for you and enable you to gain the payout you deserve without any additional stress or hassle.

    Our firm has been operating for many years and prides itself on delivering a reliable and professional service. The majority of clients never have to go to court and the lawyers work on a no-win no-fee** basis. Call us today on Freephone number, 0800 689 0500, for more information.

    Date Published: July 22, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.