How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Who do I approach in the event of a hotel accident?

    Accidents in hotels can and will happen occasionally, and it is helpful to know who to go to for help.

    Reporting a hotel accident

    Hotel guests injured by slips, falls or trips; through faulty equipment in their rooms or by food or beverages that are too hot, for example, should contact the responsible member of staff immediately. This may be a manager, head of customer care or a similar authorised individual, and, where applicable, tour guides/operators may also need to be informed.

    Medical assistance for injuries on holiday

    It is also important to seek medical assistance as soon as possible, even if an injury appears to be minor to begin with. This will not only help to make sure there is no underlying injury that may prove to be far more troublesome at a later date, but will also provide the necessary documentation of your injury and how it has affected you, as well as any medication and/or treatments you may have received.

    Slips, trips and falls

    The reason for ensuring you have this documentation lies in the simple fact that if you were injured by trips, falls or slips; became infected with food poisoning or suffered a scalding or burning injury at a hotel, you may be eligible for personal injury compensation.

    Travel accident compensation

    In essence, any accident leading to an injury while on holiday in the UK or abroad during the last three years may entitle you to make a compensation claim if the incident was due to the fault of another person.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Getting an injury solicitor

    Finding a suitable solicitor to handle your claim is made easy by Accident Advice Helpline. This law firm was established over 15 years ago and has been successfully assisting consumers in getting the compensation they deserve ever since. Claims are invariably handled on a no win no fee* basis, so there is no need to worry about funding any fees and legal costs incurred throughout the process.

    How to contact Accident Advice Helpline

    The company’s advice line is open 24/7 on 0800 689 0500 and it is manned by friendly, experienced and extremely helpful staff members. Calls are free and personal details are kept strictly confidential. Callers are also not under any obligation to actually initiate a claim once they have been offered advice on their situation. In other words, the decision whether to claim or not is yours to make before, during and after the initial call.

    Date Published: May 1, 2014

    Author: David Brown


    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.